In case you wonder what I ate in the past 13 days, here’s a preview of my meals.
I joined what they called ‘Mayo Clinic Diet.’ If you google in Bahasa, mostly you’ll find that this type of diet required you to eat no salt and no fried food. So, all the food supposedly was prepared with no salt on it (Sigh, it was difficult! I also had no rice for 13 days :P). If I google some information from the mayo clinic website, this diet is designed to change one’s lifestyle by adding some healthy habits and break the unhealthy ones. It is done by reducing the consumption of fats and sweets.
I got a recommendation from a friend to join the program provided by @eep.catering for IDR850k (free delivery). So I paid for that service.
Here’s an honest opinion of the service, in 13 days, I lost 4kgs, which was okay, but a bit disappointing because I was hoping to lose 5kgs. The not-so-maximum weight loss is probably because I didn’t put an effort to exercise. I was feeling too exhausted to do anything else other than work.
Despite all the temptations, I am proud that I didn’t cheat at all. During IATSS Forum I learnt the importance of being honest of the process. Cheating won’t do any good for myself, so I have set my mind to this one program. That kind of self control is important to divert my energy and focus to things that matter to me.
Here are some highlights:
- The response to the new customer was really quick. I contacted the owner on Monday, paid for the program and started the program directly on the next day.
- I actually have some concern because I wasn’t sure if the meal plans are supervised by a nutritionist/dietitian.
- The meals tasted okay, some dishes like grilled fish and chicken, tempeh, spaghetti and special glass noodle was even better. It’s delicious!
- The packaging box is nice
- I think they could give more green veggies
- Some of the veggies were overcooked. So it was not good and disappointing.
- I dislike the low fat milk that is provided because it’s still too sweet for me. Maybe it’s better if they can give Bear Brand Milk (sigh, how I miss Meiji Milk. It’s the best!)
- They delivered both lunch and dinner meal at one drop. I usually had dinner at 5pm before I left work (only because I don’t have microwave at home to warm the meal lol)
- Most of my meal arrived before 12pm except for one time when it didn’t arrive (on my 12th day). I sent some text messages the day my meal didn’t arrive at usual time, they replied and responded, but not as quick as I expected it to be. The owner apologized, said that all meals have been dispatched since 9am through a food transport service and wondered why mine didn’t arrive.
I was upset because I didn’t want my program to fail. I had 2 more days left before I finished the program!! They said they’ll give a compensation for that day and offer free meals for 3 days. They also finally sent a new dinner meal using GoJek service. It arrived around 4pm.
Unfortunately I didn’t receive any free meal today, so I was wondering if it’s only a lip service. I wish there wasn’t any issue on my 12th day so I can get a better overall experience using the service. So, that’s my sharing!
A picture of me and my colleagues today!